Ubuntu Core 16 beta images available

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Wed Sep 7 23:00:09 UTC 2016

Thanks so much and congratulations to everybody who worked hard to put in
place this initial public release of Ubuntu Core, a minimalist Linux
distribution that uses snaps as its building blocks. Special thanks as well
to Michael, Oliver Grawert, Martin Pitt, and others who've put all the bits
in right offsets to have a working image today.

Over the next few weeks we'll be including a small set of pending features
and polishing this image until we have a stable golden release.

Please remember that despite some of those conversations being about Ubuntu
Core, at its core we have snaps and snapd still. The vast majority of
features we talk about for Ubuntu Core benefits all the distributions in
which snapd works today.

Hold on tight and join us in this exciting trip.

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net