Need LXD for Ubuntu Core 16 image

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 2 16:23:50 UTC 2016

Hi,

The LXD snap for series 16 will be published under the canonical
account, not under mine.

As was mentioned earlier, we needed the lxd-support interface to land,
which it now has but we're blocked on a snap-confine bug which prevents
LXD from running right now.

Once snap-confine is sorted out, we should be able to build and publish
a new LXD snap for series 16.

Note that there may still be some blockers for an all snap system.
Testing so far is only being done on classic.

One possible issue that may need resolving, if it wasn't already, is the
lack of a "lxd" group on the system. LXD needs this for access control
and there is currently no interface or mechanism we can use to create
it.

On classic we just assume it already exists on the system, but for other
systems we'll either need a mechanism for snapd to create the group for
us or we'll need snapd itself to create that group on all systems.

Stéphane