Stuck in Ubuntu Core Profile Setup

Jamie Bennett jamie.bennett at canonical.com
Thu Sep 1 11:47:58 UTC 2016

> On 1 Sep 2016, at 12:42, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
> hi,
> On Do, 2016-09-01 at 06:10 -0400, MikeB wrote:
>
>> Very recently, the first boot of Ubuntu Core has added a Profile
>> Setup step.  I'm stuck in this step and can't get out.  My target is
>> now a brick...
>>
> i filed
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/subiquity/+bug/1619245
>
> for this ... feel free to confirm …

I believe we have two bugs here but the same solution may fix both. In #1619245 the user cannot be created because of a lack of network connectivity, in this case it is an incomplete profile in Ubuntu One (i.e. no public SSH key). Either way a fix would be to allow a local user to be created on first boot by console-conf but this local user should be limited to side-loaded snap and not have authority to install snaps from the store.

Regards,
Jamie.