Provisional snap for DUB (D language package/build manager)

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Sat Oct 29 15:14:22 UTC 2016

On 27/10/16 10:27, Didier Roche wrote:
> Just a note: after a quick double checking , the snapcraft go plugin
> relies on ubuntu packages (I think it should rather download latest
> stable go and use GOROOT to use it). This isn't the case for other
> plugins like nodejs which was the one I had in mind and I still think
> you should prefer that road.

In principle that should be possible, as there are precompiled downloads of dub
available here: https://code.dlang.org/download  Using these could have some
advantages, including allowing the user of the plugin to specify the exact
version of dub they want to build with.

Since there are different Linux downloads for x86, x86-64 and ARM, is there any
way for the snapcract plugin to detect what the host system is and download
accordingly ... ?