Python 3 plugin sanity checking

Sergio Schvezov sergio.schvezov at canonical.com
Sat Oct 29 14:43:47 UTC 2016

El 29/10/16 a las 10:44, Mark Shuttleworth escribió:
> On 28/10/16 23:27, Barry Warsaw wrote:
>> Wouldn't it make sense for the Python 3 plugin to either automatically include
>> the stdlib (e.g. usr/lib) or complain loudly if it's not included explicitly
>> in the resulting snap?
> Yes, it helps when the tools sanity-check and guide new devs to the
> right outcome.

We can do this; the nice thing about the python case is that we can
eventually remove all of the sdtlib and use the system one if you know
what you are doing (as core currently provides python3). I would go for
warning but allow you to do whatever you want if you want to.

Regardless, this is now an item in our backlog, thanks for the suggestion.