Installing snap on Fedora

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Mon Oct 17 11:39:23 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I have prepared and published Kdenlive snap packages (currently in
devmode because of the dbus access issue). I requested some feedback,
and a user reported the following issues when trying to install on Fedora:

kdenlive-devel on a fresh Fedora 24 install using the snapd installation
method and install command you gave, I get this error: "error: unknown
flag `force-dangerous'
". Removing that flag from the install command produces this error:

sudo snap install --edge --devmode kdenlive-devel
error: cannot communicate with server: Post
http://localhost/v2/snaps/kdenlive-devel
<http://localhost/v2/snaps/kdenlive-devel>: dial unix
/run/snapd-snap.socket: connect: no such file or directory...

Are these known issues on Fedora ? Any workaround?

Thanks
jb