Official snap button

Didier Roche didrocks at ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 14 05:57:16 UTC 2016

Le 13/10/2016 à 19:12, Aaron Ogle a écrit :
> Greetings!
Hey Aaron,

> I work on the Rocket.Chat project.  We are looking at adding our
> desktop snap as well as our server snap to our website as the
> officially recommended way of installing.
>
> Ideally for the desktop at least we'd like to try and link to the
> Ubuntu Software store directly so they can install quickly.  But for
> the server I realize doing an application link is not very likely,
> especially since they likely wouldn't be visiting on the machine they
> would install the server on.  So we're thinking a button with some
> kind of information pop up.
>
> But we'd really love to see an officially button and design for this
> sort of thing.

I'm adding Thibaut who talked with the design team about some official
logos some times ago.

Indeed, as you are telling, there are 2 use-case:
- link (like the one we had in apt) for installing snaps via Ubuntu
Software using an particular schema (snap:///<snap_name>). Robert, is
there any plan on that?
- logo with instructions "snap install rocket.chat" for servers for
local installation (unsure if there is something planned like,
redirectering to the online store and manage your snap per device there)

Cheers,
Didier