path with non-english characters

Sergio Schvezov sergio.schvezov at canonical.com
Thu Oct 6 13:24:43 UTC 2016

El 06/10/16 a las 10:05, Vasilisc escribió:
> Many snapcrafters make the mistake. If path to file contain
> non-english characters then application in snap package can't open
> this file.
>
> I try install LibreOffice :
> sudo snap install --channel=beta libreoffice
> https://www.libreoffice.org/download/snap/
>
> LO can't open odt file from my folder Documents (russian Документы).
> who is at fault?

I haven't pinpointed this down yet, but I can reproduce on my snaps as
well; first I tried "Документы" and failed to see it so went ahead and
looked at my listing and noticed 'ú' is missing from "Música"!

I created a directory called "Документыddd" and I saw "ddd" in the
listings. It just be a general issue with most snaps. Maybe Didier can
look into improving the desktop parts if it is a matter of adding a
missing library/data that solves this.