How to tell dump plugin to only copy a specific file

Omer Akram omer.akram at canonical.com
Mon Oct 3 22:59:44 UTC 2016

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 3:53 AM, Sergio Schvezov <
sergio.schvezov at canonical.com> wrote:

> El 03/10/16 a las 19:45, Omer Akram escribió:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have a very simple python application with a library part and a
>> launcher. The library is being compile by the `python` plugin and I am
>> copying the launcher with `dump` plugin. It works but it seems that the
>> dump plugin copies all the undesired files in the root of my project into
>> the final snap, I only want it to copy a single file. Is there a config
>> that I can tell the plugin to only copy that specific file ?
>>

> Use filesets, stage or prime, or both.

Is there an example on how a filesets line may look like, a grep on the
playpen repository does not seem to match filesets ?

>> To workaround that I created a new directory only containing my launcher
>> and set it as source.
>>

> Is there anything wrong with this approach?

Apart from a personal preference of keeping the cli on the root of my
project, now the launcher does not work directly from the source code
without adjusting its imports.