My second snap ;-)

Robert Park robert.park at canonical.com
Sun Oct 2 18:48:06 UTC 2016

On Sun, Oct 2, 2016 at 1:43 AM, Loïc Minier <loic.minier at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> So just create a matplotlibrc in your $SNAP and you should be good

Thanks for this analysis. I created an empty matplotlibrc in $PWD and
then got this instead:

PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/home/robru/src/weight/matplotlibrc'

Then I added 'home' to my plugs and got this:

RuntimeError: Could not find the matplotlib data files

I suppose the next step is to find a real matplotlibrc and use that
instead of an empty file, however, my app doesn't need 'home' plug at
all so it's a bit daft to include that for an optional config file
that matplotlib has the ability to ignore if only it doesn't find one
that exists. (I've used matplotlib for years and never known or cared
about this file so whatever the defaults are are fine, I'd rather not
ship a copy of this file)

Is there a plug to just read /etc? or a sensible way to set all those
env vars to /dev/null or something?

Thanks.