Python2 plugin deprecated, but new plugin not documented?

Marco Ceppi marco.ceppi at canonical.com
Sun Oct 2 14:05:18 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to do another clean build of my snap, this is a 0 change build,
but I've got a few problems. After updating to the latest snapcraft
(2.18.1), I'm getting a few new error messages and a snap that's 1/2 the
size but no longer works.

> "grade" property not specified: defaulting to "stable"

The only reference I can find to grade anywhere is a bug requesting it be
implemented

> DEPRECATED: The 'python2' plugin's functionality has been replaced by the
'python' plugin, and it will soon be removed.

However, http://snapcraft.io/docs/reference/plugins/ does not list the
python plugin.

Finally, my snap is 1/2 the size (woot) but does not work. Dependencies
which were being brought in previously are no longer showing up. I'm not
sure if this is because I should be using the new python plugin or if
something else has changed.

I'll be trying to chase down the last issue, but it's hard without
documentation for the first two.

Marco