is there an Avahi (mDNS) service snap?

George Gross gmgross at shoreham.net
Tue Nov 29 15:42:06 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm a Ubuntu Snap newbie, so if there is a readily available and
reliable web database stating which Debian packages have been converted
into snaps, please direct me to that web link, as that would help me a
lot to get oriented.

My question on the subject line is similar to this one found on
askubuntu.com. The pending question is here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/853134/avahi-samba-on-snappy-core-16-04-arm

I'm trying to get the avahi-daemon and its related command line commands
running on a Ubuntu snappy core, on a RPi3 platform.

Q: is this something that needs to be built from source for armv7 target
and then repackaged from .deb into snap?

tia,
    George