uwsgi systemd config (Type=notify)

Boris Rybalkin ribalkin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 22:54:43 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am porting uwsgi systemd config to snap and having some problem. Snap
installs correctly while systemd cannot start the service (some other
configuration issue). I think uwsgi will notify systemd that it has started
and looks like snap daemon does not support Type=notify.

Original config:
---------------------
[Unit]
Description=uWSGI Internal
After=syslog.target

[Service]
;User=platform
ExecStart={{ app_dir }}/uwsgi/bin/uwsgi --ini {{ config_root
}}/config/uwsgi/internal.ini
Restart=always
KillSignal=SIGQUIT
Type=notify
StandardError=syslog
NotifyAccess=all
Environment=LD_LIBRARY_PATH={{ app_dir }}/python/lib

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
---------------------
Which is almost exact copy of the recommended config by uwsgi developers:
http://uwsgi-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Systemd.html

This is snap version:
---------------------
  uwsgi:
    command: uwsgi/bin/uwsgi --ini ${SNAP_COMMON}/config/uwsgi/public.ini
    daemon: simple
    restart-condition: always
    plugs: [network, network-bind]

Snap way of defining systemd services seems very limited, is there a way to
provide systemd version of the config in snapd?

Thanks

--
Boris Rybalkin
ribalkin at gmail.com