Help making images to test console-conf changes

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 7 11:24:07 UTC 2016

hi,
Am Montag, den 07.11.2016, 17:27 +1300 schrieb Michael Hudson-Doyle:
> Hi all,
> I've been working on a rewrite of console-conf's networking bits,
> with the intent of making the UI a bit clearer and more dynamic (e.g.
> if you stick a USB Ethernet adapter in after you've started console-
> conf, it shows up in the UI).
> I've tested this locally but this is the sort of thing that should
> definitely be tested on all supported devices before it goes into
> core. I've put probert and subiquity packages into
> ppa:mwhudson/devirt but realised that I don't know how to make core
> snaps with custom packages on launchpad! If someone could help we
> with that, then I (or anyone) can make some images for people to
> test.

this is exactly what
http://people.canonical.com/~ogra/snappy/all-snaps/daily/
is for ...

just copy your binary into the image PPA, there it gets picked up for
the daily edge builds of the core snap and images ...

the daily auto-builds ( http://people.canonical.com/~ogra/core-builds/
) only got into the edge channel, currently all other channels require
manual intervention before anything gets promoted into them, so you
cant break anything.

just make sure to follow up if there are any regressions and take the
necessary actions ;)

ciao
	oli