How to make pre-installed snaps work with --devmode from u-d-f ?

Zygmunt Krynicki zygmunt.krynicki at canonical.com
Fri May 20 07:07:02 UTC 2016

Hi

The way images are built is being reorganized now. What this means for
you in practice:
 - you will be able to define what an image should contain in a simple
file (model assertion)
 - the new ubuntu-image tool will take that assertion and create an image
 - on first boot, everything will be installed by snapd
 - if your snap has confinement: devmode it will be installed as such
(I'll confirm with the rest of the team to be sure)

Best regards
ZK