Snap! Community weekly update: W23

Michael Hall mhall119 at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 24 16:44:18 UTC 2016

Scarlett can probably fill in more, but these are the big ones (besides
from the content interface) that I am aware of:

1) Builting Qt from upstream as a part. From what I understand they use
a non-standard set of build scripts that Snapcraft's plugins can't "just
work" with. However, many newer KDE apps (and the kde libs that will
ultimately use the content framework) often want the latest and greatest
version of Qt.

2) There is currently an issue with Phonon which is preventing any audio
playback from KDE apps. It's not an apparmor issue, since it happens
even when installing with --devmode. David Edmundson has tracked it down
to a path issue within Phonon, and it's not clear yet if this can be
fixed in the snap itself or if it will require patches to Phonon.

Michael Hall
mhall119 at ubuntu.com