Snap! Community weekly update: W23

Scarlett Clark scarlett.gately.clark at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 19:36:27 UTC 2016

On Jun 9, 2016 12:28, "Fabio Colella" <fcole90 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Very glad the Ubuntu Kylin icon theme snap was appreciated 😊
>
> On 9 June 2016 at 18:06, David Callé <david.calle at canonical.com> wrote:
>>
>> Here is an update on the highlights in the snap community this week:
>>
>> ## Snap examples
>>
>> - The first snappy Playpen event was a blast! With more than 40 people
participating and a dozen of new branches, we felt it was a great learning
process for all involved and we gathered many new examples:
>>     - Leafpad
>>     - SMPlayer
>>     - Galculator
>>     - Plank
>>     - Tinyproxy
>>     - Heroku CLI
>>     - And a creativity winner: a snap for the Ubuntu Kylin icon theme,
which bundles commands to enable/disable the theme

>> There are more branches still being worked on (for example a git build
of GIMP!). Check out the full details in our full recap of the Snappy
Playpen kickoff.

>> ## Documentation
>>
>> - General updates along the new snapd and snapcraft releases
>>     - guides/interfaces
>>     - guides/autoupdate
>> - Ongoing content review with the Web Team
>>
>> ## Community highlights
>>
>> - Vincent Jobard has posted a video tutorial in French about Snapcraft
>> - Jean-Marie Verdun wrote a blog post for the French-speaking community
about snapping FreeCAD
>> - The Mycroft team is working on snapping their core AI engine and their
Text-to-Speech Mimic engine

Another community highlight worth mentioning is KDE snapification is in
full swing.
Cheers Scarlett