Uploading snaps to myapps.developer.ubuntu.com

Didier Roche didrocks at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 17 06:17:14 UTC 2016

Le 17/06/2016 07:18, Reinhard Pointner a écrit :
> Hi snappers!

Hey Reinhard!

> How long does it take for a snap to become visible via the `snap`
> command after it has been uploaded and published
> via developer.ubuntu.com <http://developer.ubuntu.com/>?
>
> I've uploaded a snap 24h ago (to beta and edge channels) and it's
> published according to the website. But snap says it can't find the
> package (i.e. `sudo snap install filebot --channel=edge`).
>
> Channel beta/edge don't appear in `snap find` afaik, but if I install
> by name, shouldn't it work even if it's not in the public listing?
> It's set as a paid package if that make a difference.

It's normally instant (as soon as it says it's published, meaning that
checks pass, which are automatic if you don't use restricted interfaces).
I can't find your snap there either:
https://uappexplorer.com/apps?q=filebot&sort=relevance&type=snappy or
trying to install from the edge channel)

It's either still in manual review mode (but the web interface is
normally telling you this) or something happened. I'm ccing Natalia who
will be able to check for this.

> Just to confirm, "Ubuntu Core" refers to normal Ubuntu (Desktop or
> headless server) computers?
>
> (I'm asking
> because https://myapps.developer.ubuntu.com/dev/click-apps/ seems to
> list my desktop snap, but the url says click apps which is for phones
> afaik)

"Ubuntu Core" refers to the snap packages, indeed. The url will be fixed
at some point (the same store than click is used for snaps).

Cheers,
Didier