Docs for snapcraft

Dave Chiluk dave.chiluk at canonical.com
Wed Jun 1 20:44:24 UTC 2016

On 05/31/2016 05:41 AM, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> Personally I think snapcraft is amazing, but it does create an extra
> layer of abstraction to push through, which may be confusing to someone
> just starting out.

Having out-of-date documentation/guides out there also creates an extra
level of confusion.

These two come to mind.
https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/snappy/guides/system-updates/
https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/snappy/guides/porting/

As far as I've gathered from conversations with people, both of these no
longer apply, but both of them provide the exact kind of information I'd
like to know.  Updating these guides for 16.04 would be awesome?

Another guide request would be for how the system consumes snaps.
- What daemons/scripts run to mount the snaps.
- How are the accounted for (a/b for individual snaps)?

I shouldn't have to roll a base image using ubuntu-device-flash just to
tear it apart to understand how it's intended to work.

Thanks,
Dave.