no hardware description in Gadget snap for building an image

Michael Vogt michael.vogt at canonical.com
Thu Jul 28 16:49:04 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 05:50:54PM +0800, Woodrow Shen wrote:
> Hi all,
Hi Woodrow,

thanks for your mail!

> It seems the latest revision 8 has a lack of hardware section for gadget
> snap.
> I think someone is working on it now, but hope we can make sure the snap
> uploaded to edge channel can work at least.

You are correct, we are currently working on a new and improved format
to describe the bootloader for a device. This work is currently in
progress and because the old format stops working we removed it. We
publish new gadget snaps with the new format soon. ubuntu-image will
be the tool to consume them then.

Cheers,
 Michael