Which version of "snappy" support snap.yaml?

Sergio Schvezov sergio.schvezov at canonical.com
Tue Jul 26 06:58:32 UTC 2016

El 26/07/16 a las 04:40, Peng Liu escribió:
> Hi All,
>
> I am confused about the tools to build snap packages.
> There are three different flavors as far I know: package.yaml,
> snap.yaml, and snapcraft.yaml.
>
> The snap.yaml was landed at Jan 2016, and I think snapcraft.yaml is the
> new version (2.x?). Which tool (snappy, snapcraft) and which version
> should I use to build a snap with snap.yaml?
>
> Is there any document explaining that?

package.yaml is supported only on 15.04
snap.yaml is the new format introduced in series 16.

snapcraft.yaml is used by snapcraft and generates such snap.yaml when
run on a series 16 supported system (likely xenial) with snapcraft 2.x
and a valid package.yaml when run on a 15.04 supported system with
snapcraft 1.x.

Cheers
Sergio