A question about using --devmode

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 25 07:57:12 UTC 2016

hi,
Am Montag, den 25.07.2016, 09:11 +0800 schrieb XiaoGuo Liu:
> Hi,
>

> If I use "--devmode" when installing a snap application, do I have to
> define  "confinement"  in snapcraft.yaml to be ""devmode" exactly.
> What happens if I defined "confinement" to be "strict"?

only packages with "confinement: strict" are allowed into the stable
channel. devmode snaps can only go to edge, beta and candiadate and as
michael pointed out "snap find" currently only searches the stable
channel (i belive this is about to get a switch for searching non-stable
channels though).

ciao
	oli