Need systemctl to run ubuntu-device-flash?

Didier Roche didrocks at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 25 06:12:10 UTC 2016

Le 23/07/2016 04:53, Peng Liu a écrit :
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am trying to build the snappy ubuntu image with the
> ubuntu-device-flash command downloaded from
> https://people.canonical.com/~mvo/all-snaps/
> <https://people.canonical.com/%7Emvo/all-snaps/>
>
> Unfortunately, it reports error:
> #need '/bin/systemctl to work
>
> I am using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS so systemd is not installed by default. Do
> I need to upgrade to 15.04 or newer version in order to build a snappy
> ubuntu image?

Hey Peng,

As ubuntu-device-flash (soon to be renamed IIRC) and other tools are
using some plateform features to create new images, indeed, you really
need to be on the ubuntu version you are targetting to build the image
as of now.
I would recommend you using 16.04 LTS desktop consequently. I don't know
if we have any up to date instructions on how to build an image, but
maybe Oliver (CCed) will have some guidance?

Cheers,
Didier