Snap daemonization ordering and manual interface connections

Evan Dandrea evan.dandrea at canonical.com
Thu Jul 14 15:27:12 UTC 2016

On Wed, 13 Jul 2016 at 13:27 Mark Shuttleworth <mark at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> In the context of a snap running on Ubuntu Core, the all-snap version of
> Ubuntu, the gadget snap (which defines behaviors specific to that
> particular device) would describe additional auto-connection rules.

The non-Ubuntu Core case is interesting. The user must take action to
connect the interface, but currently receives no suggestion to do so. As
well, the snap cannot signal that it shouldn't be started until its
interfaces are connected (in the case of a daemon).

I believe this is one of the things hooks set out to resolve:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/snapd/+bug/1586465