New snapd updates process

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 8 16:07:14 UTC 2016

hi,
Am Freitag, den 08.07.2016, 12:02 -0400 schrieb Mark Shuttleworth:
> On 08/07/16 11:42, Michael Vogt wrote:
> >
> > Additionally we plan to use the channels mechanism to give you more
> > choices on what version of snapd to run. We will have the latest
> > daily
> > version of snapd available in the "edge" channel. We also plan to
> > pre-release all our stable releases in the "candidate" channel
> > first
> > so that users can use/test them early.
> >
> > This means with:
> >
> > $ snap refresh --candidate ubuntu-core
> >
> > you can start tracking the candidate channel and get early access
> > the releases.
> Oh, I love this, great call!

so the decision is to not build ubuntu core images from the archive
anymore then but use PPAs ?

(happy to do the final adjustments to the builds, i just want the final
confirmation. that discussion went on so long (and silent for so long)
that i want to be absolutely sure before switching the build scripts)

ciao
	oli