Snapped apps using su/sudo

Alberto Donato alberto.donato at canonical.com
Tue Dec 27 17:18:41 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 11:14 PM, Sergio Schvezov <
sergio.schvezov at canonical.com> wrote:

> El 19 dic. 2016 11:11 AM, "Alberto Donato" <alberto.donato at canonical.com>
> escribió:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to create a snap for sshuttle, the ssh-based VPN app.
> One of its components (the firewall manager) needs to either be run as
> root, or use su/sudo to be able to configure firewall rules.
>
> The app uses an "if os.getuid() != 0" to check whether it can run.
>
> Is there any way to get it to work inside a snap?
>

> Doesn't putting sudo in front of your command do the trick?

Well that might work, but it would run all sshuttle components as root,
while the application is designed to run just the firewall part as root.
I'd like to preserve this behavior.
My question, in general, is whether it's possible to set up sudo within a
snap confinement so that certain commands can be run as root.

Alberto Donato | alberto.donato at canonical.com
https://launchpad.net/~ack | GPG: 2048R/9E2823B3