Building snap from binaries

l-snapcraft at znn.info l-snapcraft at znn.info
Sat Dec 24 00:38:32 UTC 2016

Hi Luther,

yes it is possible to build snaps from binaries. If the binaries don't
include dependencies you probably want to include some dependencies via
stage-packages. So if you use  snapcraft to build your snap instead of
manually crafting a squashfs then take a look at the dump plugin:

http://snapcraft.io/docs/reference/plugins/dump

With it you can easily organise your files within the snap.

Am 23.12.2016 um 16:32 schrieb Luther Goh Lu Feng:
> If I am building a snap, and for some reason, I wish to not snap it
from source, but from a compiled binary, is it allowed? Thanks.