content sharing from $SNAP_COMMON

XiaoGuo Liu xiaoguo.liu at canonical.com
Thu Dec 22 02:10:31 UTC 2016

Hi,

If I want to define "executables" and "writable-data" for the same snap
application, what should be the correct way of writing the snapcraft yaml?

Currently, according to the document at
https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/wiki/Content-Interface

slots:
  content:
    content: writable-data
    write:
      - $SNAP_DATA

There are two "content" there, and it confuses the developers. Which one is
customizable?

Thanks & best regards,
XiaoGuo

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 2:25 AM, Jacek Nykis <jacek.nykis at canonical.com>
wrote:

> On 21/12/16 17:43, Jacek Nykis wrote:
> > On 21/12/16 17:22, Pat McGowan wrote:
> >> The documentation on sharing writable data was updated last week,
> notably
> >> saying this works in version 2.19.1 and later. There is also a
> >> recommendation to not use subfolders. 2.20.1 is available from xenial
> >> proposed.
> >>
> >> https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/wiki/Content-Interface
> >>
> >> Hope it helps
> >> Pat
> >
> > Thanks for suggestion Pat.
> >
> > I saw that page but I am trying to share read only data. It does not
> > work in 2.17, I also tried with 2.20.1 without luck.
> >
> > I am trying to share single directory containing one file.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jacek
>
> Thank you everybody for help, especially zyga on rocketchat!
>
> He was able to clarify things for me and provider workaround. I added
> info to the bug in case others hit this problem:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/snappy/+bug/1650671/comments/2
>
> Regards,
> Jacek

XiaoGuo, Liu