Only one page of snaps on SnapWeb?

Chris cpollock at embarqmail.com
Mon Dec 19 15:52:16 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-12-19 at 11:06 +0000, Jamie Bennett wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>

> > On 18 Dec 2016, at 14:31, Chris <cpollock at embarqmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've asked this before but I'm still wondering why there is only
> > one
> > page of snaps listed (A-E)? I can do a search for a snap such as
> > 'PubIP' and it will come up but there is no way in SnapWeb to go
> > forward from the first page.
>
> This functionality is being worked on but the idea of SnapWeb is not
> to show you every single possible snap that can be installed (that
> would quickly get quiet unwieldily), instead we aim to surface the
> most prominent snaps. Think of it like a real bricks-and-mortar
> store; the snaps that are featured are right there in the store
> window for everyone to see, the most popular snaps per category are
> in their own sections, and the stuff that you knew up front you
> wanted but can’t find being displayed can always be retrieved from
> the warehouse. So mapping that to what we have in the SnapWeb edge
> channel today, the front store page should be [1] the featured snaps,
> at the top you can select categories like database, media, messaging
> [2] for the most popular snaps in that category, and if you know what
> you want you can use the search bar.
>
> SnapWeb is being actively worked on so you will see lots of changes
> regularly. If you want to see the latest please:
>
>   $ snap refresh —edge snapweb
>
> or, on a system without snapweb
>
>   $ snap install —edge snapweb

Thanks for the explanation Jamie. Using the above command I updated to
0.23.9 and reloaded snapweb in Firefox. I'm curious though as to what's
the purpose of what I show in the screenshot.

> and file any bugs at https://bugs.launchpad.net/snapweb
>
> Regards,
> Jamie.
>
> [1] “should be” - this functionality is currently being worked on and
> is very new.
> [2] Snap Sections are again very new. We are still coming up with the
> right naming scheme and ensuring each snap is in the right place.
>

>--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C
31.11972; -97.90167 (Elev. 1092 ft)
09:20:12 up 4 days, 15:39, 2 users, load average: 0.34, 0.24, 0.35
Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS, kernel 4.4.0-53-generic #74-Ubuntu SMP Fri Dec 2
15:59:10 UTC 2016