Ubuntu core on BBB

Jamie Bennett jamie.bennett at canonical.com
Fri Dec 16 13:17:18 UTC 2016

Hi Luther,

> On 16 Dec 2016, at 08:19, Luther Goh Lu Feng <elfgoh at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the clarification.
>
> My beaglebone black is from element14. There seems to be beagleblack gadget snap listed[1][2], which I can also find in the output
>
> $ snap info beagleblack --verbose
>
> The listed publisher is mvo. May I know how I can get the contact with the publisher?

mvo is Michael Vogt, ogra is Oliver Grawert, both of which are on the Snappy team at Canonical.

For clarification, we have a number of official reference platforms produced by the Snappy team, they are:

* Raspberry Pi2/3
* Qualcomm Dragonboard 410c
* x86 32/64

The Beaglbone black support is what we call a ‘community build’, done by enthusiasts but not part of the official list. We very much encourage people to create community builds for their favourite boards and this is what ogra and mvo have done.

> I have contacts in element14 that I can reach out to but would like to understand the context and status of the gadget snap published by mvo.

I think you should talk to element14 about having Ubuntu Core as an official option or directly with Beagleboard themselves. Beagleboard have a forum where you could start the conversation or contact information on - https://beagleboard.org/about <https://beagleboard.org/about>.

Regards,
Jamie.