Ubuntu core on BBB

Luther Goh Lu Feng elfgoh at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 16 00:15:12 UTC 2016

I would like to know if there is a roadmap for official support of BBB for Ubuntu Core. Currently, I am running relying on the image made by Oliver http://people.canonical.com/~ogra/snappy/all-snaps/stable/current/

I also see a gadeget snap for Beagleblack[1]. But am unsure how to use it to create a BBB Ubuntu Core image from scratch.

The context of this is I am looking to deploy a fair number of them out in the field in the long term. Knowing the longevity of the platform in terms of Ubuntu Core support is critical to mitigate risk. Appreciate if you can shed some light on that please. Thanks.

-- Luther
[1] https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/snappy/start/gadget-snaps/