Accessing dbus (KDE Application)

Jamie Strandboge jamie at canonical.com
Thu Dec 15 18:33:17 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-09-12 at 20:13 +0000, Daniel Llewellyn wrote:
> An informational:
>
> I just ran-up against this issue while trying to snap corebird, which wants
> to reserve the dbus name "org.baedert.corebird". This would fall afoul of
> the option to limit names to being under org.gnome namespace.

FYI, the upcoming snapd 2.20 will support the 'dbus' interface. With this you
can update your snap to include something like:

slots:
  dbus-corebird:
    interface: dbus
    bus: session
    name: org.baedert.corebird

and then you should be able to run in strict mode and bind to the well-known
DBus connection name.

You can read more about it here:
https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/wiki/Interfaces#dbus

--