icon for snap

Didier Roche didrocks at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 8 13:30:24 UTC 2016

Le 08/12/2016 à 14:18, Jenny Murphy a écrit :

> Hi,

Hey Jenny
>  In the older version of snapcraft (1.1.0) I used the icon keyword in
> the yaml file to specify the icon for my .snap.
> It seems that this is deprecated in snapcraft 2.22.1 :
>
> DEPRECATED: 'icon' defined in snapcraft.yaml. Look at
> https://github.com/snapcore/snapcraft/blob/master/docs/metadata.md#snap-icon
> for more information
>

>From what I know (CCing Sergio to confirm), it's going to make a big
come back :)
It's currently only set by convention,  but if the come back is soon, I
would suggest to wait for it (you can set the icon meanwhile as well on
myapps.developer.ubuntu.com website for your snap).

And yes, unfortunately, the link doesn't point to anything valid. Thanks
for the notice!

Cheers,
Didier