Snappy + root encryption + vmlinuz files lost

Xavier Pegenaute M2M xavier.pegenaute at nexiona.com
Mon Aug 29 10:44:14 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I've been able to encrypt the rootfs but I am stuck on legally boot
vmlinux and cia from the unencrypted /dev/vda2 partition.

Firstly I tried looking for some configuration files:
- With the initramfs I found the BOOTDIR keyword in the
/etc/initramfs-tools/update-initramfs.conf file which works properly.
- But for the vmlinuz files I did not find any reference for it. Anyone
know how I could move the generation of these files into another dir?

As a second approach I though in changing the "/boot/efi" mount point to
"/boot" but this fstab entry apparently is created dynamically on
initramfs time and based on labels. I don't see the proper way to modify it.

Anyone could provide a bot of light here?

Regards