Putting git inside a snap

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 17 13:20:16 UTC 2016

On 16/08/16 22:09, Sergio Schvezov wrote:
> Create a new `apps` entry like this
> apps:
>    sh:
>        command: bash
>        plugs: [same list of plugs used by what calls git]
>
> There's a `snap shell` (or similar) command making a come back some time
> and would make this more straightforward.

Given the nature of sandboxing during the development process ("zomg the
glass walls!") I think we should have a first-class command that spawns
a $SHELL (not the shell of the snap but your preferred shell) inside the
sandbox.

It might be reasonable to have a snap.yaml flag to turn that ability OFF
for some snaps, but it seems silly to have boilerplate for debugging
purposes.

For example, how about adding a 'enter-sandbox' command to snap, so:

  $ snap enter-sandbox app.command
  Now running inside the sandbox for app.command
  $

And in snap.yaml:

  debugging: [ allow-sandbox ]

Mark