custom lxd bridges inside a snap

Adam Stokes adam.stokes at canonical.com
Wed Aug 17 13:07:25 UTC 2016

After talking to people in IRC I've been lead to believe that I can't
actually create and start a network bridge without the user running
additional commands.

My user experience is:

$ snap install conjure-up

.. custom LXD bridge is created during that install, the bridge is then
started

But what I'm being told is I have to do:

$ snap install conjure-up
$ snap connect
$ some form of systemctl command

This is required even though I've set in my snapcraft.yaml that I need
access to those plugins (network-control, network-bind, firewall-control).
This is actually a blocker for me as I can not replicate the same user
experience as if the user was installing via deb packages.

Am I missing anything? Can this be resolved to just running a single
install command and having everything setup for the user to start with?

For reference this is my snapcraft and files I need to work:

https://github.com/conjure-up/conjure-up/tree/patch-add-bridge-to-snap/snapcraft