New ubuntu-core snap in the candidate channel

Michael Vogt michael.vogt at canonical.com
Mon Aug 15 17:58:03 UTC 2016

Hello!

We have updated the "ubuntu-core" snap in the candidate channel. It
passes our spread QA tests and we want to promote it into the stable
channel soon.

It contains a ton of bugfixes, as well as new features that are
important for the upcoming all-snap images, and will allow us to
switch to "snap run" when running apps from snaps.

We would like to ask you to help testing this snap. Please run:

    $ sudo snap refresh --candidate ubuntu-core

on your (classic) system and let us know if you notice any issues.

Thanks,
 Michael (on behalf of the snapd team)