Including custom kernel driver with a snap

Jamie Strandboge jamie at canonical.com
Fri Aug 12 11:25:12 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-08-11 at 16:45 -0600, Leo Arias wrote:
> Hello Mike!
>
> On 2016-08-04 12:58, MikeB wrote:
> >
> > Can someone describe the strategy or point me to an example for
> > including a custom kernel driver as part of a snap?
> >
> > I'm trying to put together a snap that requires several custom kernel
> > drivers be installed along with the snap and would like to know the
> > "snappy" way of doing this.
> Your question comes at a great time :)
> There is code, and example and discussion about this here:
> https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/pull/1602

Note that this is an extremely privileged interface since it essentially gives
device ownership to the snap and there will be assertions and store checks
limiting its use. AFAIK, the snappy way of doing this is still to build a kernel
snap with the drivers you want.

--
Jamie Strandboge             | http://www.canonical.com