How to handle conffiles in snaps?

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 9 13:43:03 UTC 2016

hi,
On Di, 2016-08-09 at 07:01 +0000, Nick Moffitt wrote:
> Simon Fels:
> >
> > On 08.08.2016 22:06, Christian Ehrhardt wrote:
> > >
> > > I was wondering how conffiles should be handled with snapcraft /
> > > snaps in general.
> [...]
> >
> > You could still store conf files in SNAP_USER_DATA to get them
> > writable
> > by the users of the system.
>
> Is there a good facility for install-time copying of template configs
> or
> other writeable-from-initial-state data into $SNAP_USER_DATA?

no, SNAP_USER_DATA is a runtime, not a build time thing ... you have to
do it from your wrapper script that you most likely have to use anyway
for other stuff to set up the environment for your binary (also there
are not really any install time hooks, we are not debs with maintainer
scripts (luckily))

;)

at [1] and [2] you can see some examples ...

ciao
	oli

[1] https://github.com/ogra1/packageproxy/blob/master/run-approx
[2] https://github.com/ogra1/upnp-server