.desktop files for app-in-snap

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 9 09:47:14 UTC 2016

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 09.08.2016, 10:23 +0300 schrieb Vasilisc:

> run wallpaperdownloader in Terminal and pin app
>
> close wallpaperdownloader and launch app from Unity Launcher.
> something happening? none!
>
> "Exec=java" try execute Java in the host, but Java is not installed
> by
> default.
>
> Your Java in snap placed - $SNAP/usr/lib/jvm/default-java/bin/java
> Sorry for my english. really only I see a problem?

your .desktop file is in the wrong place ... you need to put it into
your source directory into the "setup/gui" directory together with the
icon...

here is a java app that i packaged, take a look at the setup/gui
directory and at the "wrapper" script:

https://github.com/ogra1/jtiledownloader

now try the following:

sudo snap install jtiledownloader

once this is done, hit the windows key on your keyboard to bring up the
dash ... click the A at the bottom of the dash window to search for
applications, type "jtile" and you see an icon ... click it ...
the app starts, pin the icon in the launcher ... close the app ...

if you now click the launcher icon again the app will start properly...

do *not* put anything manually into ~/.local/share, snapd puts the
.desktop file in the right place for the system if you had it in the
setup/gui dir in your snap source ...

ciao
	oli