.desktop files for app-in-snap

Vasilisc vasilisc777 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 05:31:00 UTC 2016

09.08.2016 07:52, Vasilisc пишет:
> 08.08.2016 11:13, Eloy García (PC Actual) пишет:
>> Hi! You can take a loot at snappy playpen github repository. There is an
>> application (wallpaperdownloader) that it is java-based and it has a
>> desktop icon working fine. This is the URL:
>>
>> https://github.com/ubuntu/snappy-playpen
>>
>> Best wishes!
>>
>> El 8 ago. 2016 9:46 a. m., "Didier Roche" <didrocks at ubuntu.com
>> <mailto:didrocks at ubuntu.com>> escribió:
>>
>>     >

>>> done,

>> <https://github.com/ubuntu/snappy-playpen/blob/master/vlc/setup/gui/vlc.desktop>

>> /home/vasilisc/.local/share/applications/org-languagetool-gui-main.desktop

>>> You need to ship yourself your .desktop file, as you pointed via the vlc
>>> desktop file inside the snapcraft source.
>>>
>>> This one will have the correct Exec= after building it with snapcraft
>>> rather then one generated from unity.
>>>

>>> --
>>
> 0) snap install wallpaperdownloader
> 81.81 MB / 81.84 MB
> [=============================================================================================================================================================>_]
> 99.97 % 1.74 MB/s
>
> wallpaperdownloader (stable) 2.1 from 'egarcia' installed
>
> 1) Run java-app wallpaperdownloader in Terminal or Alt+F2
>
> 2) To attach the program on a panel Unity.
>
> 3) cat .local/share/applications/es-estoes-wallpaperdownloader-main.desktop
>
> [Desktop Entry]
> Encoding=UTF-8
> Version=1.0
> Type=Application
> Name=WallpaperDownloader V2.1
> Icon=es-estoes-wallpaperdownloader-main.png
> Exec=java -jar -Duser.home=/home/vasilisc/snap/wallpaperdownloader/3
> /snap/wallpaperdownloader/3/jar/wallpaperdownloader.jar
> StartupNotify=false
> StartupWMClass=es-estoes-wallpaperDownloader-Main
> OnlyShowIn=Unity;
> X-UnityGenerated=true
> ---------------------------------
> "Exec=java -jar -Duser.home=/home/vasilisc/snap/wallpaperdownloader/3
> /snap/wallpaperdownloader/3/jar/wallpaperdownloader.jar"
>
> If Java is not installed on your system, then you have a problem.
> "Exec=java" - It's not right.
>
> For example, my script-wrapper can do the useful steps BEFORE start of
> the java program.
Java is not installed by default in Ubuntu 16.04.1
$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Release:	16.04
Codename:	xenial

$ java -version
The program 'java' can be found in the following packages:
  * default-jre
  * gcj-5-jre-headless
  * openjdk-8-jre-headless
  * gcj-4.8-jre-headless
  * gcj-4.9-jre-headless
  * openjdk-9-jre-headless
Ask your administrator to install one of them

How will it work "Exec=java"?

--
Best regards,
vasilisc