Snapcraft 2.24 has been released
sergio.schvezov at canonical.com
Thu Dec 22 12:07:57 UTC 2016
We are pleased to announce the release of version `2.24` of snapcraft
has been released:
Here's the list of features that you can find in this new release:
- Experimental `classic` confinement allowing to create snaps for non
pure snappy systems and have them see the full file system.
- `alias` support for app entries in `apps`, which allows multiple top
level commands per snap.
- New core part atrritbures, `prepare`, `build` and `install`, which
support scriptlets to run **before**, **replacing** and **after** the
`build` step of a plugin respectively (`snapcraft help plugins` for more
- New command, `list-registered`, to have a view of your snaps on the
store and some relevant attributes.
Many minor fixes are available as well:
- `ldd` crawling for system libraries have been improved with more
standard library paths to check within the `stage` directory.
- Multiple `core` plugins have been updated to not show deprecation
- Multiple parser improvements for shared parts on the wiki.
This release has seen some contributions from outside of the snapcraft
core team, so we want to give a shout out to these folks, here's a team
thank you for:
- Albert Astals Cil
- Celso Providelo
- Chris MacNaughton
- Larry Price
- Mathew Aguirre
To get the source for this release check it out at
A great place to collaborate and discuss features, bugs and ideas on
snapcraft is snapcraft at lists.snapcraft.io mailing list or on the snapcraft
channel on Rocket Chat https://rocket.ubuntu.com/channel/snapcraft
To file bugs, please go to https://bugs.launchpad.net/snapcraft/+filebug.
The online version of these notes can be found on:
This release has also made it to the Ubuntu archives:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/snapcraft which makes it an `apt
update` and an install or upgrade away if "updates" are enabled.
-- Sergio and the team
More information about the Snapcraft-announce