snapcraft 2.14 has been released
sergio.schvezov at canonical.com
Wed Aug 10 21:32:58 UTC 2016
We are pleased to announce the release of version 2.14 of snapcraft:
The highlights in this release are:
- New plugins: `dump`, `rust` and `godeps`. Run
`snapcraft help <dump|rust|godeps>` for more information about these.
- Support in the make plugin to use alternate relocation mechanisms
(i.e.; `DESTDIR` alternatives).
- kernel building can now target many architectures with the same
- The `go` plugin has received a lot of improvements, such as properly
handling the source entry like all other plugins and the use of
`go-packages` has improved to prefer local sources instead of
`go get`ting them again.
Some relevant and interesting fixes:
- Snaps of type `os` get the special treatment they need allowing
the use of Launchpad to build fully functional core snaps.
- python plugins now properly support requirements files.
- shebangs from the python plugins are now properly set.
- support for `oneshot` daemons.
- smarter wiki parser source management.
This release has seen many contributions from outside of the snapcraft
core team, so we want to give a shout out to these folks, here's a team
thank you for:
- Blake Rouse
- Daniel Watkins
- Bogdana Vereha
- Simon Quigley
- Marius Gripsgard
- Michael Hall
- Sam Yaple
- Sebastian Bacher
- Stéphane Graber
- Liu XiaoGuo
To consume the latest snapcraft release on Xenial Xerus (16.04), we
suggest you install the snapcraft package from the Ubuntu Archives:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install snapcraft
To get the source for this release check it out at
A great place to collaborate and discuss features, bugs and ideas on
snapcraft is snapcraft at lists.snapcraft.io mailing list or directly in
the #snappy channel on irc.freenode.net.
To file bugs, please go to https://bugs.launchpad.net/snapcraft/+filebug.
- Sergio and the team
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Snapcraft-announce