Same strings marked "not reviewed" again and again?

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at hut.fi
Sun Mar 25 07:22:24 BST 2007

Hello,

Is anyone else noticing that some strings, even if unchanged, need to be
translated multiple times, basically each time an upload is done? With
the latest update-notifier upload in edgy's updates, I again have
update-notifier's string number 22 "needing review" ("There is %i
update/updates available").

It does not happen for every language, but it would seem probable it has
affected at least Bulgarian, Finnish, Portuguese (Brazil) and Spanish
(https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/edgy/+source/update-notifier/+pots/update-notifier).

It's been some time since I've noticed it, but I've _mainly_ noticed it
in this specific string of update-notifier. I've been translating it
again and again since Ubuntu 5.10, every single time there is an upload
of update-notifier in either a stable release of a development release.
Earlier there were similar problems with some of the update-manager
strings, but I'm not sure if those are still happening or not... perhaps
not. But maybe there are other similar cases experienced by others?

I'm leaving it untranslated for a short while now, in case you want to
study it that way.

-Timo