Translation of Ubuntu Documentation

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 20 08:48:08 GMT 2007

Dear all,

Ubuntu documentation is now ready for translation in Rosetta at this
address:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/feisty/+source/ubuntu-docs/+translations

Kubuntu documentation is not quite ready, but it should be ready very
soon! In the next couple of days, you will be able to find the updated
templates for Kubuntu here:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/feisty/+source/kubuntu-docs/+translations

When translating documentation, PLEASE MAKE SURE that all translation
team members are aware that some different guidelines apply to
documentation than to regular programs.

I've written them in the first half of this page, and ALL TRANSLATORS
should read that:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/Translation

Obviously there is a lot of material to translate and not much time
available, so we will ensure that we do translation updates during the
life of Ubuntu 7.04.

We will try and ensure that strings which were already translated in
previous releases are imported to this release - we have not yet done
this.

Happy translating!

Matt
--