root passowrd

Kenneth Nielsen k.nielsen81 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 12:13:04 BST 2007

Hello alfredo
This e-mail list actually isn't for support questions but for discussion
ragarding the Rosetta website which is used for translations of
applications. You should make support requests either on IRC on one of the
channels listed here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InternetRelayChat or
in the forum http://ubuntuforums.org/ or use the "ask a question" function
on LaunchPad https://launchpad.net/ubuntu

The answer to your question is that it is your own password. If your user is
the only user on the computer it will have root privileges and therefore you
are only asked your password to ask you to confirm that you want to perform
a root task. The step I made to obtain this information are the following:
google "ubuntu wiki" and open the first hit on the results page, then in the
wiki search for "root" and on that results page choose the page that is
simply named "Root" and there in the third paragraph (~10 lines down) is the
information.
Regards Kenneth Nielsen