What is an Upstream?

amachu techie amachu.techie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 06:55:07 GMT 2006

//Of course, if the Ubuntu translators don't have fluent communication
with the upstream translation teams for the programs they translate,
they might very well be doing duplicate work. That's why we're trying to
stress this quite a bit.//

I am the contact Person and Team Lead of Ubuntu Tamil Team. And we are a bit
new to these concepts. And we inndeed faced the problems of duplications. We
want to avoid it in future Please guide us.

Is there any step by step simple manual available stating what all need to
be done to to co-ordinate effectively with Upstream projects.