What is an Upstream?

Danilo Šegan danilo at canonical.com
Mon Oct 23 18:17:21 BST 2006

Today at 12:59, Igor Zubarev wrote:

> What tools do we have to communicate with upstream in Rosetta?
> How translators can send request to update translation of package to
> upstream?

At the moment, almost none.  Upstream projects are using many
different mechanisms of translator work, and at this time, Rosetta
can't cope with them all.

The best tool we've got is PO file export (including export of all the
PO files for a certain product/release) and import.  In other words,
it requires manual coordination between translators working through
Rosetta and upstream translators.

Cheers,
Danilo