Call for translations for Dapper using Rosetta

Krzysztof Lichota krzysiek at lichota.net
Sun May 28 19:57:52 BST 2006

Jordi Mallach napisał(a):
> Hi,
>
> This week, we imported the last missing translation domain for Dapper and
> thus, you should be able to translate any package in Dapper's main
> component using Rosetta.
>
>   https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+translations
>
> There are a few VERY IMPORTANT packages for translation, these should
> now show up at the top of the list when you select your language on
> that page. It is most important to get the installer translations done
> before Monday 29 May, as those bits cannot be updated with language
> packs after release. On Monday, we will generate the final language packs
> that will be included in the Dapper release; any translation added after
> that day will be available with the language pack updates.

I hope this date can be extended given the fact that:
1. Rosetta does not handle KDE plural forms correctly and does not allow
 _fixing bugs_ in translations due to this (bug
https://launchpad.net/products/rosetta/+bug/46982)
2. Time for import into Rosetta is recently between 26 and 22 hours
(i.e. since uploading translation until confirmation that it is inserted).

Regards

	Krzysztof Lichota (Polish team)