Application translation complete; what happens now?

Tim Morley t_morley at argonet.co.uk
Tue May 16 01:12:43 BST 2006

Hi there.

In the space of a couple of months, we've all but completed our
translation of OpenOffice.org in Rosetta, and we're just considering
putting the champagne on ice.

Question: what happens now? It appears that all the work we've done
is apparently for Breezy, not Dapper,  but obviously Breezy was
released last year and is about to be superseded, so what happens to
our work?

In fact, there are two questions here:
   (1) What do we need to do ourselves to get our work from Rosetta's
database compiled into a functioning, localised copy of OOo? Will
this be done by Ubuntu people, or do is there more for us to do?
   (2) At what point does translation work done for Breezy get
carried over to Dapper? I'm assuming this must happen at some point,
because it would make no sense not to, but it doesn't seem to have
happened yet, at least for our work.

Thanks in advance. Regards,

Tim Morley
Ubuntu Esperanto Team